• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen won't time out and comes on randomly

cwepruk

May 25, 2010
So my phone gets solid battery life. Every now and then, I wake up in the morning, the phone was at 60% when I went to bed, the display is on and it's at 5%.

This happens sometime when in my pocket, but often when i let it sit overnight. Screen is set to timeout after 2 minutes and 90% of the time, does so. I often press the button to turn the screen off and notice that 5 minutes later, it's back on when just sitting on the counter.

Any input?

It's most probably caused by some installed program with permission to wake up the phone. I don't know, if "show permissions" is implemented in SEX10 (maybe it's just in 2.2), but on Android 2.2 under Settings/Applications/Show permissions you can see list of permissions granted to programs (or you can check Settings/Applications/Manage application and every program for it's permissions).

Reactions: Sorrow_Doll
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones