• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen wont turn off after shut down; dark gray

Oblivionn

Lurker
Nov 28, 2011
So this past month ive experienced a problem with my phone. At nights i turn it off and put it on my table. Well I noticed one night that the screen was a dark gray light kinda. I turned it on, well it seemed like the gray screen is coverig over the white htc screens (bothof them) and the droid eye. Then it goes to the slide down to unlock screen. My background is black and thats not my background. Its also very slow when this happens and its happening every time i shut it off. I have to basically shut it off twice to actually shut it off. The screen being on can take my battery half way down because of this problem and its getting annoying. I had my other incredible returned for a differant problem but this one is referbished, i got it this past august and have had no problems til now. All it is is after shut down the screen is a low-glowing dark gray. When i turn it on the phone vibrates as usual and then instead of the normal white screens and the eye its just gray and then that black background pops up. I also dont know if this is a problem also but an update wont install. I tried it a few times and when it says rebooting now i waited about an hour and it didnt do anything. Thanks for your help, if it fixes my phone or not its appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones