Screen won't turn on or offSupport

1. vicaviki

vicaviki New Member

So, last night my phone did the normal turn off while it's idle thing (annoying) and when I turned it back on the screen light on/off won't work. Only thing that does work is if I plug it in to charge the screen will turn on, but I obviously don't want to have to do that everytime I want to look at my phone :p
    At first I thought I just broke it (I have had the phone since 1 month after it released last year) but I don't think it's a hardware issue since I can use the power button to power the phone on, so it must be some kind of error thing..? :confused:
    I don't know a thing about phones. It's not rooted (dunno what that even is lololol) and I've considered trying factory reset, however that is a last resort because I have a looooot of things on my phone that took a lot of time to gather.
    And I've also though about trying wake up apps, but I don't have so much harddrive space and don't know if they will even work for the phone.
    Sooo help me out please? :(

Advertisement
    :
  2. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Don't know what the problem could be, but I very much urge you to get ( download ) some sort of backup software ( Like Titanium Backup or MyBackupPro ) from the market.... it's even worth buying the app for a few bucks...... Then make a backup and copy it to your computer..... so you will have all your stuff saved in case it is a hardware problem and you need to return the phone or get a new one !

As I said, not sure what your problem might be, but it could be that the battery is going bad on you and the screen only comes on via the plugged in charge cable..... But I am not a tech., so maybe someone else can answer if they know a solution.....

But - Backup, Backup, Backup
  3. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

Are you using an app to control your clock speed? (voltage control, cpu matter etc)

It sounds like you have your min. Set to low for the screen to wake...
  4. vicaviki

vicaviki New Member

No, I have no app for that. I have no app for specific changes to my phone, nor have a downloaded a new app the last 3 months.
    Annnd I just realized, I can't unlock my screen when I call someone, and my reboost date is tomorrow. Boost stores near me are closed. Walgreens just changed their cards to *need to call* for reboost.
    lol fml.
  5. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

if you can't figure it out, you may want to try this http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...od-rooting-prevail-dummies-written-dummy.html
    it will help in a lot of ways and everyone here will help if you have any ?'s, i mean any if even you think they are stupid.