Screen Won't Turn On (Verizon)Support

1. WholeFnShow

WholeFnShow Active Member

Hi everyone,

So I just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S3 this past Monday and exchanged it today for a new one because I went to turn on the screen and the phone was not responsive.

The screen would remain black and would not respond to any button on the phone. The notifications light was off and when I tried calling the phone it would ring on the outgoing end, but my phone would not. The fact that it didn't go straight to voice mail made me think the phone was not actually off. Basically, the screen wouldn't turn on and no sounds would come from the phone.

After a battery pull, the phone fired up and was working fine, but since I was still within the 14 day exchange/return period, I thought I would get a new one since I assumed this one might've been defective.

Well, about 3 hours with the new phone (not a refurb, brand new) and it did the same thing. I am skeptical to believe my luck is just that bad to where I got two defective phones, so I am posting here to see if anyone has had or knows anything about this issue.

The only apps I have installed on the phone so far are the MLB App, Voxer, and Skype.

Any help or advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

I honestly have never head of such a thing. Id take it to the store and talk to their tech support. If it turns out you had two of those in a row like that I'd go out and buy a lotto ticket real quick. :)