• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen won't turn on when I unlock the screen

Lemondope

Lurker
Dec 25, 2016
Hi.

I recently managed to drop my phone, and the screen went black.

There are no cracks on the inner screen, so I used the volume down and power button to turn it on again, it didn't work the first times, but then the screen came on again.

When I adjust the brightness, it starts to flicker when I get down to 30%, and if I adjust it all the way down, the screen goes black and I have to reboot it.

If I lock the screen I must reboot the phone (volume down and power) in order to make the screen work again.

So now I have to touch the phone every other 10 minutes to prevent it from going black.

The screen makes like a glitching blue light on it when it's black, like its broken.

Could it be the LCD cable that's loose or are there another way around the issue?

Thanks for answers

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones