• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Screen wont turn on!

Hello buddies.
I had a normal morning today except for the fact that my phone screen stopped working.

I'm assuming that the touch still works because even though the screen was black i tried to unlock my phone and it still vibrated.

I don't know what to do. My phone just gets real hot and I miss my phone. Its only been 3 hours but I need it.

So... question.
I understand that my phone is still under the years warranty and I can send it in. But doesn't my phone have to be unrooted?? How can they prove the phone is rooted if it cant turn on?

If this is the case and it must be cleaned out, what are the lines to input in adb to fix everything?

I hope to get a reply soon guys so I can get a new one ASAP. I'm going on vacation soon and would love to have my phones camera.

Thabks for everyones help

Welp,

I can tell you this. If your screen isn't working. Go through the steps to sbf to stock. You'll have to do it blindly. Then return your phone.

From the phone being off:

Hold down volume down, and camera buttons, then press power on. That should put you in bootloader mode. Then do an sbf. Your pc will tell you when you're done sbf'ing. Just make sure you have enough battery life and that you DON'T UNPLUG IT BEFORE YOUR PC SAYS IT FULLY REBOOTED. :)

Upvote 0
Ok since ill have to do it blindly would someone please provide a clear picture of the clockwork boot so i know how many times to scroll down to delete cache and data??

And since im on liberty 1.5 that's 2.3.340 sbf right??

How long does exchange process take?plus I have no i-urance and theres no proof of it being wet. What do i tell the rep?

Thanks guys

Upvote 0
Ok since ill have to do it blindly would someone please provide a clear picture of the clockwork boot so i know how many times to scroll down to delete cache and data??

And since im on liberty 1.5 that's 2.3.340 sbf right??

How long does exchange process take?plus I have no i-urance and theres no proof of it being wet. What do i tell the rep?

Thanks guys

Sbf isn't done in the clockwork boot screen. You have to plug it into the computer and use command lines. I know its risky, but if I were in your case, I would just take my phone to verizon and tell them my screen won't turn on. They'll try to plug it into a couple chargers them boot into the bootloader screen. If the screen is still not turning on then they'll make the warranty claim and send you a new phone. I've done it 3 times now. Once I had a corrupt file from sbf'ing with a low battery. And the other times my phone booted into clockwork but they didn't notice. If you get caught tho, your on the hook for full retail. So its definitely a risky move.

Upvote 0
Do you have insurance on the phone? If so OPPPPSSS I dropped it just right to shatter the screen! It will cost you the deductable but if you are scared they will figure out the phone is rooted it might be your only option! Or just Fry the phone good enough it will not come back on using the battery terminals.

I have never done any of the things above just the only other solutions I could think of, even if they are not on the up and up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones