ScreenCaptureServiceSupport

Last Updated:

1. droid newb

droid newb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Every now and then I get a text popup on my screen that reads, "screen capture sent to SD card" and sure enough when I look on my SD card there will be a fuzzy, grainy screen capture in a folder. I don't know how this happens or why they're so crappy looking, but if this is something I can use and get clean screen caps I'd love to use it!

Anyway, at the Sprint store the techiest of the techs said they had no idea how this happens. I just looked into what's running on my phone and there is something called ScreenCaptureService. Does anyone know what this is?

My phone is not rooted and I did not install this...it is on the phone right out of the box.

Path: Settings >> Applications >> Running Services

TIA!

Advertisement
  2. AGBandit

AGBandit Member

Mine has done this before too! The exact way you described has happened to me. I found the ScreenCaptureService in my batterysaver program.

I would assume since this phone is capable of screen capture, we just need a program to tap into that!

3. droid newb

droid newb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use Juice Defender...is that what you use?

4. AGBandit

AGBandit Member

Actually I'm using Improved Battery Saver2. I've used it for a month now and here's the results.

BEFORE:
    Unplugged at 7am
    30% Charge by 4pm
    (workday)

AFTER:
    Unplugged at 7am
    70% Charge by 4pm
    (workday)

5. CTB6

CTB6 Well-Known Member

AGBandit, is that the full name of that app? I can't find it in the marketplace, and based on your results, I'd like to try it.

6. NikiaXO

NikiaXO New Member

this SAME exact thing happens to me ! just all of a sudden tha screencapture saves to sd card thingy pops up ! i dont know WHAT it is that im pressing to make this happen and my pixcs are crappy and grainy as well !

7. beezie916

beezie916 Well-Known Member

It's been rumored that it was put there to take a picture of a crash when something fails on the phone but no one knows for sure...the screen captures all seem useless as far as images go.