• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screenshot after ICS 4.0.4 update

spk20

Lurker
Oct 9, 2012
Hi, i just upgraded my Galaxy Blaze 4g to ICS and now i am not able to take a screenshot as i used to before (home+lock keys).
I also tried all other combinations with the lock key but to no avail (That includes volume down + lock and other ways of talking screenshots in Galaxy SII etc)
Can somebody please help me (and other upgraded Blazers) out here.

Hi, i just upgraded my Galaxy Blaze 4g to ICS and now i am not able to take a screenshot as i used to before (home+lock keys).
I also tried all other combinations with the lock key but to no avail (That includes volume down + lock and other ways of talking screenshots in Galaxy SII etc)

Hi spk, welcome to the forums. :ciao:

I don't have this phone, so I could be totally off base. Try holding the power button and your home button at the same time.

Upvote 0

Hi spk - I'm running into the same issue. Home+Power before ICS update used to take a screenshot, but after ICS update, it no longer does :(

Upvote 0
I did some searching but it looks like its still Power + Home, but you have to hold it longer. Does that work?

Not as far as I can tell...holding the Home for a long time (a couple of seconds) , even with Power pressed, eventually brings up a list of open apps and a link to Task Manager. Same thing starting with Power pressed and then holding down Home.

Upvote 0
Not as far as I can tell...holding the Home for a long time (a couple of seconds) , even with Power pressed, eventually brings up a list of open apps and a link to Task Manager. Same thing starting with Power pressed and then holding down Home.

Ah, I got it working...it's a timing thing.

So, I start with pressing the Power button, but immediately after pressing that (split-second), I press the Home button and hold it down...then it takes the screenshot.

Reactions: spk20 and Atma
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones