1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

screenshot button tab 2 7.0Support

1. intheblim

intheblim New Member

Hi it seems the screenshot button has gone after the update - does anyone know how i can now do screenshots please thanks

Advertisement
  2. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

Does the option still exist under Display, Quick Launch?
  3. bill_in_mtl

bill_in_mtl Active Member

Holding the power button and volume down at the same time should work

Good luck

Regards,
    intheblim likes this.
  4. crnair

crnair New Member

Holding the power button and volume down at the same time works, but one has to use it many times to get the result.
  5. Chucktown75

Chucktown75 New Member

The power+ volume button trick doesn't seem to work for me. Why would an update get rid of such a useful tool? There are a few things I like about the update, but I'd just as soon go back to ICS. Though I am curious if anyone has an answer to the screenshot issue. It's not under display or quick launch.
  6. jwither

Try one of the screen capture apps from Google Play?
  7. pfriggy

pfriggy New Member

Seems for the gal 2 7.0 your only option for screen capture is power/vol down. I tried an app, it didnt work. I am wondering if a hard reset can put this tab back to factory settings? I am very unhappy with jb and I want to find a way to go back to ics. Its more than just screen cap for me, I want flash back too :*(
  8. pfriggy

pfriggy New Member

@chucktown, pwer/vol does work, but its difficult. I am successful about 1x out of 5, and I accidentally shut of the device at least twice before I get it to work :(
  9. jwither

I would imagine the JB update overwrote the ICS image file(s), so a reset to factory settings would likely revert to a stock JB install.

The screen shot issue sucks, but I never used it anyway. There are several apps for doing that, some requiring the device be rooted.

I installed Flash when my tab was running ICS, and it still works after the JB update.
  10. kbbru

kbbru Well-Known Member

I can confirm that a reset does not bring ICS back. On methods on moving back to ICS, check these previous threads (or search the forum):
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-2/663203-how-revert-jb-ics-without-rooting.html
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...-galaxy-tab-2-p3100-jb-4-1-1-ics-4-0-1-a.html

And Flash does work on JB. You can a search, there has been a thread on that also.
    shelliewnj likes this.
  11. pfriggy

pfriggy New Member

Thank you Jwither and Kbbru. Im not very tech savy and have no plans to try routing or anything like that. Unfortunately I loved the tablet with ics, I hate what jb has done to my fav features. I got this tablet for xmas and it was perfect. I read a lot and loved the swipe feature. I loved the screen shot button. I have already encountered video I cannot view due to losing flash. I feel robbed, and I will be taking this up with Samsung. You guys are really great and Im so glad I found this forum. Thanks again :)