• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screenshot function not working after 4.2.2?

Bren S.

Android Expert
May 2, 2011
USA
Hi all
Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with taking screenshots after the 4.2.2 update?
This is the 1st time I've tried to do a screenshot (power +volume down) since the update and it doesn't work for me.
Anyone else noticed this?

Edit: hmmm seems it's working again now.

Works here

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364863448317.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364863448317.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0
HI,

I found this post because I had the same problem on my 4S mini (4.2.2.).
I have found descriptions on how the screen capture should work:
- LOCK + HOME
- VOL DOWN + HOME
- full hand swipe movement

None of these work. Actually, when I go into the settings > My device > Motions and gestures > Palm motion > I only have one option there: Mute/Pause. I am supposed to see Screen capture here, and be able to enable it!
Even when I install an app, it fails with the message 'internal service not available'.

So how can I get the screen capture functionality?

Thx

Reactions: JIMV
Upvote 0
HI,

I found this post because I had the same problem on my 4S mini (4.2.2.).
I have found descriptions on how the screen capture should work:
- LOCK + HOME
- VOL DOWN + HOME
- full hand swipe movement

None of these work. Actually, when I go into the settings > My device > Motions and gestures > Palm motion > I only have one option there: Mute/Pause. I am supposed to see Screen capture here, and be able to enable it!
Even when I install an app, it fails with the message 'internal service not available'.

So how can I get the screen capture functionality?

Thx

Actually, that works for me...Now I need to figure out how to do anything with the screen shot.

Upvote 0
I've got the same issue as the OP. Haven't tried a screen shot since 4.2.2 update, not sure if it's even related, but the screenshot function doesn't work anymore.

The screenshot folder is still in the gallery from previous screenshots I've taken.

There is kind of a lag anymore when I push the power button, so maybe because of that the two buttons aren't registering at the same time? Hell I don't know, ha, ha.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I've got the same issue as the OP. Haven't tried a screen shot since 4.2.2 update, not sure if it's even related, but the screenshot function doesn't work anymore.

The screenshot folder is still in the gallery from previous screenshots I've taken.

There is kind of a lag anymore when I push the power button, so maybe because of that the two buttons aren't registering at the same time? Hell I don't know, ha, ha.

Thanks!

Using volume down and the power button works for me every time. I just make sure to press the volume down first.

Upvote 0
Has it ever worked at all?

I didn't know about this function until earlier this Summer, but yeah, always worked. That's when I tried it on the wife's phone and it didn't work either.

Thought maybe it was an app screwing things up possibly, but we use our phones very differently and have few apps in common.

Expected to find more threads on this when I searched all the forums, but this is about the only thread I found so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones