Screenshot problem on HTC One XSupport

Last Updated:

1. jshutter

jshutter New Member

I just got this phone the other day. Knowing that it's the best phone sold for AT&T and having a HTC Vivid before and loving that, I thought I would encounter no problems. It's not that I don't know how to take a screenshot. It's receiving them that's the problem. More then half the time when someone sends me a screenshot, it's extremely small and there's no way to enlarge it. I've tried messing with the settings and got nothing. And it's not someone elses phone because I had multiple people test it. I have no problem receiving regular pictures though, that's what I don't understand. I've looked and looked and haven't found anyone else with this problem so is the phone I got defective?

2. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

A screen shot would be an exact copy of the screen size what phones are you receiving it from... I do notice when I take a screenshot on my One X the output file is quite small compared to the screen... I just normally zoom in and im satisfied but if you needed more detail im guessing its a pain in the ass...

What sort of phones are you getting the screenshots from? can you not double tap the picture to enlarge it?

Maybe of no help at all but maybe theres something you can use...

3. Fast Willy

Fast Willy Member

how do you take a screen shot with the ox? I've dont it by mistake a couple times but never knew how i did it.
  4. jasonr803

jasonr803 Member

hold down power button and press home button. or press and hold power button and volume down i believe
  5. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

6. donniedark0

donniedark0 New Member

I'm having the same issue, and I think it's screenshots sent from iPhones in particular. I can't say whether it's just one particular model, everyone I've had test used an iPhone 4. Screenshots from other phones look just fine.
  7. donniedark0

donniedark0 New Member

Dug into the problem a little more, it's not an iPhone issue, it's an image formatting issue. Apparently any PNGs that are sent to the phone are resized down to 20x20. iPhone just happens to use PNG as it's screenshot format.
  8. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

This never happened until that last update. It seems to happen more when iPhones are the sending device.
  9. Vtec

Vtec Well-Known Member

It's a problem with the phone. It doesn't just happen when receiving screenshots from iPhone either, it happens from android phones too.
  10. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

yep this happens to me as well, i think it's a software problem with how it displays .png files it gets sent.
  11. Jogi

Jogi Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's kind of annoying. I don't send may screenshots but I have sent 2 to another one x and they are tiny and unreadable. I wish there was a fix for it.
  12. reMarshallble

reMarshallble New Member

13. godsend12

godsend12 New Member

My daughter has the same problem with her ox, I can confirm it has the same problem when sent from droids as well, it's the same when I send her a ss from my GS3.
  14. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

it's a confirmed problem when viewing PNG images (which i assume the GS3 saves and sends screenshots as). Hopefully fixed in the JB and sense 4+ update that is slowly filtering out... does anyone have it yet? if so can you tell us if it's still an issue?
  15. thundergod66

thundergod66 Member

on my htc one x i just updated from ICS to Jellybean and now when i get a mms the pic is real small,is this a bug or what...and is there a fix for it...