• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screenshots fail when in YouTube app

Dmark44

Apr 9, 2010
I was trying to take screenshots while in the YouTube app yesterday. I paused a video and took a screenshot in an attempt to create a still photo from the video.

I tried this several times, and even though a file shows up in gallery, it can't be displayed.

I wonder if this is an intentional restriction or an error.

I was trying to take screenshots while in the YouTube app yesterday. I paused a video and took a screenshot in an attempt to create a still photo from the video.

I tried this several times, and even though a file shows up in gallery, it can't be displayed.

I wonder if this is an intentional restriction or an error.
Hmmm... what firmware are you running? I just tried opening the Youtube app and then some random video with 3.14.605.12 and 4.3.605.2 using both POWER+HOME and POWER+VOL DOWN methods and I was able to grab a full screen screenshot with no problems.

Upvote 0
Sorry, nothing to see here. Tried again today and it worked just fine. Don't know what was wrong last night.
I was using the Rezound method (power+home) and I have stock ICS.

Last night in three attempts I got three files that wouldn't open. In Gallery they just showed a triangle with an exclamation inside for a thumbnail.

To be honest I don't know what I did different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones