Screenshots for HTC EVOSupport

1. msclassy1978

msclassy1978 New Member

Hi, My name is Misty. My boyfriend and I both have the HTC EVO. He has the EVO 4G, and I have the EVO 3D. I'm able to screenshot things on my phone by start and home key. He can't. Does anyone know how he can get the screen shot feature without first rooting the phone???

Thanks,
    Misty

Advertisement
    :
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

the easiest way to do it is to root. most of the custom roms have that feature. i believe that the gingerbread version that htc has put out for the evo does not have this feature, unfortunately. there is a very long process if you want to do it without rooting.

here is the thread:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-tips-tricks/397391-screenshot-non-rooted.html
  3. gamblor01

gamblor01 Well-Known Member

There are apps that you can get in the market that allow screenshots too. The one I always used is called "Shoot me" but apparently it has been pulled from the market. They claimed that it required root but I was actually able to use it on my Evo prior to rooting without a problem. Maybe it was a fluke but it worked for me.

I just searched the market and found many of the apps claimed that root *may* be required (it depends on the phone). Have you tried downloading any of these apps on the Evo just to try them and see if they work? It's worth a shot.