Screenshots - How to guideTips

Last Updated:

1. geemacd

geemacd Well-Known Member

Thanks to Desireme for this guide, but thought this as a tip would help folks out.

Follow this guide

How to take screenshots of your Android based phone from Windows – Simple Help

To get the Android drivers, i had to install the HTC Sync program that comes on the disc with your phone, or you can download the drivers from the HTC Site: HTC Desire - Software Download

To enable USB Debugging: Settings->Applications->Development->USB Debugging.

Once you have everything installed and run the DDBMS.bat, which starts the Davlik Debugger.

Single left click on the device (your phone listed). Loadsa info will scroll up in the bottom pane.

Then just go Device (menu) and screen capture. The rest is simple.

I then created an account on to host the images that i took.

Eris Ed likes this.
  2. DragosP

DragosP Active Member

Or, you can install "ShootMe" from Market.
  3. jelte12345

jelte12345 Member

Only works for rooted phones
  4. The SPCS Guy

The SPCS Guy Well-Known Member

Bing, Bing, Bing!!!! This is probably why after following those nice and easy directions, my EVO doesn't appear in the list! I skipped that Lemme see what happens..I'm downloading SYNC now.
  5. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

Not needed

I forgot:-

To enable USB Debugging: Settings->Applications->Development->USB Debugging.
  6. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

Started to capture screen shots but hit a snag.

When tethered to my laptop the apps screen only shows those apps installed on the phone; most of my added apps are installed on the SD card.

Anyway round this?
  7. kopkiwi

kopkiwi Well-Known Member

Tried this and every time I click on the ddms the window pops up and then closes immediately. Why is this?
  8. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

You can take screenshots in "Charge Only" mode.

HTH :)
  9. dredg0r

dredg0r Well-Known Member

Using drocap2 on an unrooted phone is possible.... just install the Visionary+ app that applies a temporary (or permanent [not all phones work with permaroot]) root.
  10. PaddyC

PaddyC Active Member

I'm having an issue with the Dalvik Debug monitor, instead of describing the message box I'm getting I've just supplied a screenshot, if anyone has came across this can you maybe give me a way forward? I've tried connecting the Desire in Sync mode and charge only. Same result every time unfortunately

11. PaddyC

PaddyC Active Member

that pic is pretty hard to read, here's a close up of the DOS box and the error message

12. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

This entire thread is pretty irrelevant now.

For non rooted users, just download myphone explorer

FJ Software Development
  13. PaddyC

PaddyC Active Member

Got it SU, thanks for that. I don't have any issue with the thread being deleted, the info within it is obviously obsolete now
  14. welshsteve

welshsteve Member

Taking screenshots is easy. Hold down the "Screen Off/On" button on the top on the phone, and press the home button.
  15. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Not on this phone.