Screenshots in JB ??Support

1. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Well-Known Member

My Bionic used to take screenshots using Volume Rocker + Power Button. Since upgrading to 4.0.4, my (stock) Bionic no longer takes screenshots.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a work-around?

Advertisement
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

Volume down plus power does it does it for me.
  3. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

OutOfPhase's answer is true for me also.

My guess is that you are holding down both volume buttons. That does not work under ICS.

BTW ... you are running ICS and JB.

... Thom
  4. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

+1 to Thom and OutOfPhase...
    I found it's a timing thing. Start by pressing the vol down key just before you press the power key and continue to hold them both down.
  5. TexasBadger

Yes, 4.0.4 is ICS. My Bionic is stock. Volume Down plus Power does nothing but turn the volume to mute. Still no screenshots.

Unhappy in Texas!
  6. Thom

Did you do a Factory Data Reset after updating from Gingerbread to ICS? (It is so close to mandatory that it should be a stated requirement.)

... Thom
  7. TexasBadger

Yes, I did a full factory reset when I upgraded from GB to ICS.

I will do another factory reset if and when the Bionic ever gets JB.
  8. Thom

If you did a Factory Data Reset after the upgrade to ICS and are not root-ed then that can be ruled out.

Under Gingerbread there was an added app to take screenshots. In ICS it is built in. You didn't by chance install the app did you?

... Thom
  9. TexasBadger

With GB, I used to use a free app for screenshots. I am pretty sure that I never reinstalled it after upgrading to ICS.
  10. Thom

Since the volume is going to mute when you try this then it is clear that you are not holding the power and volume down buttons down at the same time. You are only holding the volume down button. You have to hold them both down at the same time for a few seconds and then it will be obvious that the screen shot is taken.

... Thom
  11. TexasBadger

I finally got it to work. As SNeitzel wrote, it's all about the timing.

Embarrassed in Texas
    SNeitzel likes this.