• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Screenshots on the Android

I just tried it out...

If it's your first time connecting the G1 while you are running DDM, then you may have to install a driver for it like I had to...

Did you get any prompts asking you to install a driver at some stage?

---EDIT---

Wait...cancel that....it doesn't work for me either xD
Mine is set for USB debugging and not mounted too...

---EDIT 2---

Ok, did some fiddly stuff and figured why I couldn't get on there....
Sorted the problem out and now I think it's all alright...
Basically, my drivers weren't installed on my computer...so I had to make sure I install them...

Here's what I did...
Note: This is assuming you have already unzipped and installed the Android SDK to where you want....

1. Connect the G1 to your computer and mount it (Select the "Mount" option when you get the notification that your G1 is connected to the computer)

2. Go into your Device Manager (Control Panel -> Device Manager)

3. Look for an entry in the Device Manager that says "Unknown Device"

4. If you can't find that, then look for an entry that says "Android Phone" under the "Portable Devices" Branch

5. Whichever one you find...right click that one and select "Properties"

6. If it was the "Unknown Device" that you found...then there should be an option to install a driver for the device....select that option..

7. If it was the "Android Phone" that you found, then you will probably have to re-install the drivers...so select the "Update Driver" option...

8. When it asks you how you want to install the driver, select the "Manual" option to browse your folders for the driver...

9. Navigate to your driver folder in the Android SDK that you installed....for example..

X:\androidsdk\android-sdk-windows-1.1_r1\usb_driver\x86 (for Intel Processors)
or...
X:\androidsdk\android-sdk-windows-1.1_r1\usb_driver\amd64 (for AMD Processors)

Where X: is the path to your android SDK installation...

10. Press "Next" and it should hopefully find the driver and install it for you.

11. Open up DDMS and it should hopefully all be ok.

I hope I haven't missed out any steps in that....and I hope it works for you...

Good luck...

Upvote 0
Hey RozzaC,

Thanks so much for doing all that leg work. I tried exactly what you did, but my computer isn't recognizing the driver. Every time I try to update the driver in the device manager and point it to the driver file in "usb_driver\x86" it says "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware"

I did everything else correctly but the Android driver just won't install on my computer. I'm using Windows XP SP3. Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hey RozzaC,

Thanks so much for doing all that leg work. I tried exactly what you did, but my computer isn't recognizing the driver. Every time I try to update the driver in the device manager and point it to the driver file in "usb_driver\x86" it says "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware"

I did everything else correctly but the Android driver just won't install on my computer. I'm using Windows XP SP3. Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!

When you look at the items in computer devices... and items that have Yellow Exclamation marks need to be deleted before trying to install new driver and or hardware...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones