• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screenshots with HTC Wildfire S ???

sanfairyanne

Lurker
Sep 30, 2011
I want to be able to take screenshots with my HTC Wildfire S but I don't want to use an App for two reasons.

* It's supposed to void the warranty as it's a rooted phone.

* I'd lose the App's I've paid for because I'd have to reset my phone.

So I Googled 'Screenshots on Wildfire' and several websites suggested downloading the same software. Actually two programs, these were:

* Android Software Development Kit.

* Java SE Software Development Kit.

I downloaded the first but the second won't download the server can't find the website. I attempted this using Safari and Windows Explorer but no luck.

Has anyone anything to suggest ???

The more I get to use the HTC the less I like.

If no one's said, welcome to the forums!

OK, first - resetting your phone only temporarily loses your apps. Any app you've bought is identified as yours by your Google id aka your gmail address. You can re-acquire those apps after a reset, or even onto your future phone when the time comes to update - for free. So, you won't lose your apps.

Most of the old instructions for how to use your PC to take screenshots give a bad link to the Java JDK because of corporate buyouts and so forth. Here's the correct page:

Java SE Downloads

Here's the instructions with pictures:

How to take screenshots of your Android based phone from Windows – Simple Help

The links are old, but the idea works.

~~~~~~

FWIW - HTC may provide a future update where you can take screen shots without additional software.

They're really pretty good, in my opinion.

Hang in there. ;) :)

Reactions: sanfairyanne
Upvote 0
FWIW - HTC may provide a future update where you can take screen shots without additional software.

They're really pretty good, in my opinion.

Hang in there. ;) :)

I bought Wildfire S a week ago and am now looking for easy screenshots. Since it has been roughly a year when EarlyMon promised an update to this problem, Im checking if there has been any updates and how can I take screenshots today with android? Do I need to reboot the system or is there a better way already?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones