Last Updated:

1. 550driver

550driver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    Mr. Boom and Nunley like this.
  2. Pretkomel

Pretkomel Well-Known Member

Yes, it has been posted before, do not remember where. Thanks for posting though, it is always good, someone should find this one for the first time.

3. Nunley

Nunley Well-Known Member

This site also listed how to capture your screen with a Mac! How to take screenshots of your Android based phone from OS X – Simple Help

Thanks a lot for this post! I've always wanted to be able to take a picture of my screen and now I have!

[​IMG]

I'm running Launcher Pro with some home made icons. The background is some artwork with the planet Hoth and the probe droid. The airplane mode widget is SwitchPro Widget, the clock is Digital Clock Widget by Maize and the battery widget is Battery Droid Pro by Vader. I really like a cleaner phone than the Sense UI offers (I like it too but prefer clean).

4. dhays90

dhays90 Well-Known Member

On windows. Everytime i run the .bat file it opens up a black box for like a split of a second and then closes. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I got it to work. Works great. thanks. Had to install both JDK and JEE or w/e

5. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I wish there was an easier way. Weatherbug has a screen capture option in there app, wish there was a way to make it work when not in the app.

6. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

To me, if you go through all that trouble you should just root and use an available app, lol.

[​IMG]

Sharondippity likes this.
  7. NOLA_Droid

NOLA_Droid Well-Known Member

My Phone Explorer does screenshots. Very easy to use app and desktop client. No root required.

8. 20twins10

20twins10 Member

in the market there is an app called "shootme". its a screengrabber, save the images back to your sdcard.. its free..

9. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Too bad you have to be rooted.

10. Shorte85

Shorte85 Well-Known Member

Okay, that answers my question.

11. 20twins10

20twins10 Member

IMO root is our right.. manufacturerss shouldnt lock up devices or fill them with bloatware.... yeah rooting the phone voids the warranty.. the first thing i do when i buy a computer is format it.. i dont need this, i dont need that. it's mine, ima use it the way i want too..

when i bought my brand new car one of the first things i did was floor it and top it out.. why? for my own inquisition.. i paid $15k for it, i wanna know what it can do..

same for my phone.. rooting has only opened up more doors of what i can do with my phone..

12. mister_tu

mister_tu Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a law passed that said that you can root, unlock, and jailbreak phones without voiding the warranty?

13. 550driver

550driver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

mine

14. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

So... what exactly does the $15K car do?

Why buy a computer, then? Why not just build one from scratch?

So... what doors have you opened on your phone?

Just wondering. I see more and more people ranting about rooting and they really don't do anything that requires root access. I would just like to see some awesome examples to justify rooting.

15. 20twins10

20twins10 Member

i put a post up last night.. never got posted.. i hope it dont double post..

119mph tops.. i've tried several time to surpass, yet no avail..

when computers were my hobby, i didnt have the funds available to buy outright.. financing helped.. i would have loved to build from scratch.. now that my use on a comp has changed, who knows what i'd do..

i wanted to root so i could remove the bloat.. once i rooted i began flashing different roms & kernels.. under volting the phone with different kernels/apps has given me extremely better battery life and & recharge time.. last night i was down to 6% of my battery, i charged for an hour and was back to 97%.. when i bought my phone the verizon rep, "yeah get pdanet and you can use the phone as a modem for your laptop".. he didnt mention though that if i went root i could get wireless tether and eliminate the cable factor.... so.. there are good reasons to root IMO..

16. 7runx

7runx Active Member

1. Non rooted here and I get the same charge rate. Rooting your phone would mark hardly any difference in charge rate, maybe a few minutes at most..

2.Question is, do you actually tether? or you did you just justify rooting based on the ability to tether without actually using it?

17. mister_tu

mister_tu Well-Known Member

I tether when I use my netbook. It's the most convenient thing ever. However, you might as well use PDAnet if you're scared because you get to charge your phone at the same time. Most of the time my phone is connected into my usb cord anyways. #incrediblebatterysucks