1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

screenwriting app?

Last Updated:

1. BradHP

BradHP Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone seen a screenwriting app for Android? The damn iPhone/iPad has two different apps available, Screenplay and ScriptWrite. I've been searching around and haven't seen anything for us yet.

A Final Draft app would be absolutely awesome.

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Try Whiteboard

Harry

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

3. blackmoses

blackmoses New Member

No, not an application to write on the screen.

An application that helps you write formatted scripts for films and TV shows. The App Store has several of them.

This is Screenplay, for example:
    Screenplay iPhone application - AppStoreHQ

4. fillyourhead

fillyourhead New Member

Yes I really need a screenwriting application. Unfortunately Celtx has one for Iphone also Windows mobile but not for Android. :(

I use my Galaxy tab and Htc Desire on location filming but can't access or work on my scripts

www.philpeel.com

5. ForeDroid

ForeDroid New Member

Word to go is better than not having access, I had my assistant and my PA transfer the screenplay from Final Draft to Word so as i'm on the set i'm able to quicly go to the screen play, each character's side is at my finder tips...

6. ForeDroid

ForeDroid New Member

Use Word to Go... it gonna take a lot of formatting but its worth it

7. AdamZ5k

AdamZ5k New Member

I know this might be a little late but...

As of right now, there are still no Apps for Android. The one current "Screenplay" App is garbage. However, if you have an internet connection you can use one of the many online screenwriting programs like Plotbot or Five Sprockets. These are great, because instead of having to sync an app, it's all online, so you can quite simply just log on to the website from your desktop when you want to edit at home.

I use Plotbot on my Eee Pad Transformer, because it allows me to write on my tab as well as collaborate with other writers on my screenplay.

8. ickejohannes

ickejohannes New Member

@AdamZ5k

Hey Adam! A couple of weeks ago I tried using Plotbot with my Asus transformer but I found that the tab key doesn't fulfill it's purpose when editing the screenplay. Instead of it changing between slugline, action and dialogue, it sent me to the comment box below, bascially rendering plotbot completely useless. Did this ever happen to you and did you find a way to resolve the issue, maybe by using an alternative browser?
    All the best,
    Johannes

9. rowby

rowby New Member

10. KendallParis

KendallParis Well-Known Member

Okay, so I found this one tonight. It actually looks interesting, but I haven't had a chance to test it out thoroughly.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.generalcoffee.fadeinmobile&feature=search_result

It has a desktop client and you can sync through Dropbox. There are some things that I want to check out as I'm more interested in the application than I am in the desktop client. It should be interesting to see if both are needed.

There is a free version to test it out and then a paid version. I'll report back.