• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root screwed up microphone during calls.

creed10

Android Enthusiast
Apr 4, 2012
I'm running simplicity 2.0.0, and people I'm calling with have a very hard time hearing me unless I put it on speakerphone. I saw a post that said something about simplicity fixing that issue by disabling the noise cancelling, but I still have that issue and have been wondering about it for some time. (as with some other things, but I'll save those for later.) is there some way I can fix the mic, or increase its sensitivity somehow?

Use this, its 1.0.2 but doesnt matter F7SimplicityXL1.0.2

I reverted to 1.0.2, and called my girlfriend. she said I sounded okay, but she could hear feedback. I called my dad, and he just told me he couldnt hear anything at all (which was the problem in the first place.) I then restored my 2.0.0 backup, called my girlfriend again, and she told me the same thing. there's still feedback, but for some reason when my phone calls my dad's it messes up. not much anyone can do about that. I have a shattered digitizer, but that didn't affect the mic so I don't know what the problem could have been. however, when I'm on speakerphone my dad can hear me fine. (I think I already mentioned that...) anyway, thanks for all your hard work on this phone chev. I really appreciate it all :)

Upvote 0
hey try making call with the back cover off and see if this fixes your problem. If it fixes your problem you can unscrew the phone open it up and put tape over the contact points of the smartshare. You will see on your back cover that there are contact points on it. Get back to me if you need more help because I fixed the problem on my phone.

Reactions: creed10
Upvote 0
hey try making call with the back cover off and see if this fixes your problem. If it fixes your problem you can unscrew the phone open it up and put tape over the contact points of the smartshare. You will see on your back cover that there are contact points on it. Get back to me if you need more help because I fixed the problem on my phone.

oh wow look at that it actually worked. I'm going to tape it up and see what happens :p

Upvote 0
Im glad it worked for you. These lg f7 have hardware issues on the motherboard. The gps is garbage. I put a piece of copper wire on the gps contact on the motherboard and it helped a lot but it still isnt 100%. I advise you do that when you open the phone to disable the smartshare contact points. If you need help I will do what I can to help.

Reactions: creed10
Upvote 0
Im glad it worked for you. These lg f7 have hardware issues on the motherboard. The gps is garbage. I put a piece of copper wire on the gps contact on the motherboard and it helped a lot but it still isnt 100%. I advise you do that when you open the phone to disable the smartshare contact points. If you need help I will do what I can to help.

sounds nice :) I'll see what I can do :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones