Screwed up somewhere

Last Updated:

1. Uprising

Uprising Member This Topic's Starter

I'm rooted. Downloaded to sd card LFYv1.6, BBFYv1.6 and LFY1200. I followed OMJ's guide step by step and now all it does is reboot to the M screen. Tried to reboot again and still flashes the M screen. Tried to do a nandroid restore and it flashes the M screen.

BTW I have a D1

Advertisement
  2. Uprising

Ok, i'm back to my original set up now. Here's a dumb question: Do i install the new ROM with the ROM Mgr?

3. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

You can use Rom Manager with Clockwork recovery(also located in rom manager) but you can also load them the way you were trying off the sd card. I always load mine this way using sprecovery. If you are going to go the sd card route make sure you follow the specific roms install guides or you will be back where you started. It is not hard but you do need to follow the directions. Also don't forget to wipe data/cache when needed for most new rom installs.

4. Uprising

I reinstalled using ROM Mgr this time and it seems to be working fine now.

5. bsems1000

bsems1000 Well-Known Member

My phone cannot take the 1200 kernel. It would get into a bootloop with the M like you experiance..if i let it continue it MIGHT get through and load properly...mayber after about 8 times. Flash yourself a slower kernel (my phone seems to like 1.1 at the most). I too have slayhers

6. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

when kernels get you into a bootloop it could be from too high of a speed or too low of voltage type. Just putting it out there just in case somebody wants 1.2 ghz really bad for some reason.