• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Scribe Pen Battery Life

NicksGarage

Android Enthusiast
May 13, 2010
San Diego, CA
I've had my View and Scribe pen since December and they've been working fine. Today I went to use the Scribe and it was dead. I'm assuming it's the battery but don't have a spare at this point so I ordered a couple from Amazon.

What battery life are users getting from the Scribe?

I think I might have done mine in early because of the way I carry it. I have the Blurex case that has a couple loops on the end to hold the scribe. I toss the whole thing in the pocket of my laptop bag which also has other stuff hanging around in there. I guess if the buttons are facing out and they get pressed by stuff in the bag it could wear down the battery.

Either that or it's just normal battery life. When I get the new battery I'll try to be more careful with it and see if it lasts longer. Just curious about other people's experience.

I probably haven't logged even an hour with my Stylus and haven't had any noticeable deterioration with the battery. How often do you use the stylus with the tablet? I try to only limit using it when I'm using apps that benefit from the stylus otherwise, I just use my fingers.

I did go ahead and buy 2 AAA batteries as backups from Fry's for about $3.00 even though I don't see myself going through batteries that fast.

Upvote 0
ooops, yeah I left off an extra A. I found them to be relatively cheap when compared to AA/AAA batteries. I find myself not really using the stylus unless I'm having to write something on an image, or circle something on a document. For flipping pages, scrolling websites, I find it more convenient to use just my finger.

Upvote 0
Got the new batteries today. Inserted one in the scribe and no go. :(

Messed around with it for a while, checked the expiration date on the new batteries (3/2016) which is the same date as the original battery. Both are the same Energizer brand and everything. Got my DVOM out and check the voltage and the new ones are better than the original but still good enough. Figured that the scribe is actually dead. I looked at it closer and it seems that the way it's made and the tolerance of the threads in the screw in cap that it's not making a good connection. I wiggled it around a bit and it started working again. Not sure how to fix this permanently.

Upvote 0
Got the new batteries today. Inserted one in the scribe and no go. :(

Messed around with it for a while, checked the expiration date on the new batteries (3/2016) which is the same date as the original battery. Both are the same Energizer brand and everything. Got my DVOM out and check the voltage and the new ones are better than the original but still good enough. Figured that the scribe is actually dead. I looked at it closer and it seems that the way it's made and the tolerance of the threads in the screw in cap that it's not making a good connection. I wiggled it around a bit and it started working again. Not sure how to fix this permanently.

Is it still under warranty? I figure it should be a 1 year warranty. I'd contact HTC if I were you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones