Scroll-ball light will not turn off!

Last Updated:

1. WTF?

WTF? Member This Topic's Starter

I've had the Hero since 10-29-09 and the scroll-ball light is always on, it never shuts off ... It's driving me CRAZY. Also; the light pulses very lightly. Like it has a short or something. I've checked all my messages, settings and I can't find the problem.

Has anyone had this problem? How did you fix it? I don't really want to go to my local Sprint store because I'm sure they have no idea.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Brad

Brad Active Member

I've never had this problem, but I do recommend something.

If it's fine with you, and you don't have much to lose on your mobile, perform a factory reset. That should sort it out. I'm about 99% sure it will work. If it doesn't, it's a hardware problem and you need to get your mobile fixed under warranty.

If you want to know how to do it, just respond and I'll sort that for you.

3. WTF?

Is this how you do a factory reset?

1. Switch off the phone (either removing the battery or shutting down by holding the "end call" button for few seconds
    2. While being switched off, hold the "home" (house) and "back" (the arrow in the lower right corner)
    3. Hit briefly the "end call" button" while still holding the "home" and "back" buttons.
    4. Release the "home" and "back" button, a white screen containing technical information should appear, with a red message asking for hitting the "menu" button.
    5. Hit the "menu button", the Hero will now boot with factory settings.

If so, I'll back up my contacts and post a reply.

Thanks

4. Brad

Brad Active Member

Yup, that's it.

5. WTF?

Factory reset didn't work ... Off to see the wizards :eek:

6. WTF?

Took the phone back and they had never seen the blinking light of death before so they gave me a new one.

7. sebsal

sebsal Well-Known Member

The pulsing light usually means you've got a test or an email. To stop it pulsing, read your mail or drag down the top bar and select clear notifications

8. WTF?

I'm pretty sure I didn't have any new text or emails. I didn't have any notifications in the top bar and I went through about 300 messages to make sure.

The pulsing light reminded me of a light bulb that was about to burn out. The Sprint people said they had never seen this before. They were very excited, like they had discovered a new technology.

9. Bunjiweb

Bunjiweb Well-Known Member

I had various issues with the ball light not going off after clearing notifications BEFORE the ROM update on my GSM Hero, but since then it works perfectly.... Does that mean that Sprint Heros are on an older version of the Android ROM.

Ben