Scroll essential Wifi problem

1. brandobhoy

brandobhoy New Member

hi new tablet owner here & having trouble please help

I've just brought a scroll essential tablet and I can't seem to get it to connect to wifi on my open network, my wifi keeps saying scanning connecting disconnected? any ideas?

any help would be much appreciated

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Hi brandobhoy welcome to Android Forums.

The Scroll is rather a cheapo bargain basement tablet, and unfortunately fluky and problematic WiFi can be a frequent issue with them. You could try resetting it, and try resetting your WiFi router as well, pull the plug for about 30 seconds. Does it work on other WiFi APs? If not it's probably defective, you'd have to get an RMA, and return it for refund or replacement.

You might want to read our forum sticky about these thing, and then decide if you want to get another one. Or spend a bit more money and get something like a Google Nexus tablet.
    http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html
  3. brandobhoy

brandobhoy New Member

was at a friend house last night and connected to his o2 router no problem & today was in burger king & also got connected so it rather annoying it not working at home

Have a netgear DG834G from AOL, changed connection from open to WEP thinking that might fix pronlem but still not connecting grrrrrr
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Sounds like tablet is incompatible with your Netgear router then. Think you'll either have to change the tablet or change the router. These cheapo and off-brand tablets like the Scroll can often have fluky WiFi, due to poor quality. Could try powering off the router for a minute or so.
  5. brandobhoy

brandobhoy New Member

i've managed to connect it through static IP but signal not high enough so least i know it can connect to router just need to try & improve the signal, just noticed my next door neighbor is using the same channel as me (1) could this maybe the problem?
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Could be, try changing the channel. 1, 6 and 11 seem to be the most common default ones, and are most likely to be used.