1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Scroll to top of page (like iOS)

1. xenonsupra

xenonsupra Well-Known Member

I have a note 3 on preorder and am curious if there is an easy way to scroll to the top of the page/app like there is on my iPhone. Pretty much any stock or 3rd party app lets you just tap the top of the screen (near the clock) and it scrolls all the way to the top. Is there any gesture or app that will allow me to do this on my note 3? Not looking for one specific browser that does this but more a universal system control. Thanks!

Advertisement
    HanSolo likes this.
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I moved your question to the forum where you phone is discussed.

... Thom
  3. xenonsupra

I thought it was a pretty general android question...
  4. xenonsupra

Anyone?
  5. amarie82

amarie82 Well-Known Member Guide

So you wanting like a shortcut menu on apps or browser to take you back to the top of the page correct? If that's correct I am not aware of a feature on the stock settings for android. I normally just swipe and go. You can always try 3rd party apps for something like that.
  6. xenonsupra

7. amarie82

amarie82 Well-Known Member Guide

I am not aware of any setting. You can try a third party tho.
  8. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

The HTC ONE has a similar feature in BLINKFEED.

Not in the individual articles,but,in the list/tiles of articles.Tap & the top of the screen & it returns to the top of the page:

Any way to go to top of Blink Feed from the bottom, Long scroll back. - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

If there is no such app available in the GOOGLE PLAY STORE,a nice opportunity exists for a developer.

EDIT:

If this doesn't do it for you,perhaps the developer woulde open to suggestions:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.easyandroid.free.touch&hl=en
    xenonsupra likes this.
  9. thirstypirate

thirstypirate Well-Known Member

There is the Touchwiz gesture, Back To Top that auto-scrolls when you tap the top of the phone. I currently have a GS3 and it really didn't work that well. I disabled it the first week I had the phone. Maybe it will be better on the N3.
    KOLIO likes this.
  10. xenonsupra

What is the gesture? I tried searching but came up empty...
  11. KOLIO

12. thirstypirate

thirstypirate Well-Known Member

On my GS3 it is called "Double Tap to Top", not Back to Top like I said earlier. Sorry about that.
    xenonsupra and KOLIO like this.
  13. KOLIO

Looking fwd to it,as I imagine it's/it'll be available on the GN3.

I use a similar feature in BLINKFEED on the HTC ONE,hope that it's at least enabled on the stock browser & FLIPBOARD.