1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Scrollable Contacts Widget....PhoneBook Contacts only.

Last Updated:

1. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Member This Topic's Starter

I need a widget on my htc wildfire, one that looks like the People Widget but only for the Phonebook contacts and not FB or other social networks. I have tried so many but none are good enough.
    Any suggestions? Or is there any way to make the People Widget display the phonebook contacts only?

Advertisement
  2. hdevine

hdevine Well-Known Member

I have "Scrollable ContactWidget" installed on my rooted Eris and it works great for me. You can configure it to use all of your contacts or a subset. In my case, I only have those flags as Favorites in mine.

Good luck,
    Harry

3. MasterYoda

Hey thx for the answer. Is that the exact name of the widget and can I find it on the market? Oh and do I need to root my phone for it?
    Thx in advance.

4. jmfryer1978

jmfryer1978 Active Member

That is the name for it on the market but it won't work with HTC sense. You'd need a replacement home launcher for it to work.

5. FlawedLegacy

FlawedLegacy Member

i had this app when running 2.1 on my Captivate, but since my 2.2 upgrade, NONE of the scrollable contact apps work. :mad:

6. MasterYoda

Damn...i hate the people widget...why the hell putting it only for FB friends ffs...oh well I use some widget now but its not what i need, lacks lots of stuff i would like.

7. Aidan Bell

Aidan Bell Well-Known Member

I'm also looking for any scrollable contacts widget, but I want to list the contacts by surname first. The closest I've found is "Photo Contacts Widget" which does the job excellently except that it lists only by first name. I've tried "Scrollable ContactWidget" as recommended in this thread but that won't run on my streak; "Sorry, your launcher is too old", which is not true as I'm running the latest version of "Launcher pro" on Android 2.2.