Scrolling lag in listsSupport

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dracoleb

dracoleb New Member

Here is a problem that has been frustrating me on my Evo 3D. Just got it yesterday, and my girlfriend got a Nexus S 4G. The phone has been awesome so far, but I had noticed that my Reddit is Fun app had some terrible scrolling, was much more usable on my Nexus One. I saw the same thing in the marketplace and a few other lists. I put together a short video to show the problem.

YouTube - ‪Evo 3D lag problem‬‏

I did a factory reset twice and have the same result. Scrolling in web pages has been ok, I just wanted to get some feedback from other owners to see if this is a widespread problem, or just isolated to me.

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Yeah - I'm seeing that lag in my Market (I selected all apps to get a decent list).

Pretty odd, never saw that on my Evo except when it was buffering the list.
  3. dracoleb

dracoleb New Member

Got a reply on reddit saying the same thing. It's livable, everything else is blazing fast, but annoying to see a single core phone so smooth next to my jerky mess there.
  4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

new phone bugs?

the evo had similar scroll lag issues on its first launch..
    EarlyMon likes this.
  5. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

Same issue occurs when using launcher Pro ( as you can see in this thread)

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/362450-launcher-pro-app-drawer-lag.html

I think I have solved a mystery.

Everyone has seen the annoying "paged" app drawer in Sense 3.0. I bet they did that to hide the lag issue when scrolling through long lists. That means they may already be aware of the issue.
    3volut1on and EarlyMon like this.
  6. My Sensation does the same thing, doesn't bother me though. A few things to consider. Both the Evo and the Sensation have a higher resolution meaning more pixels tp push and they are displaying more text and graphics on the screen than the Nexus. Having said that, the Nexus S is a very fast phone despite being a single core. It easily kept up with my Sensation in most everything I tested on both phones before I decided to get rid of it due to signal issues.
  7. EarlyMon

I like the paging app drawer, and I'll miss it when they fix this.
  8. 3volut1on

3volut1on VIP Member VIP Member

9. Chadwick5000

Chadwick5000 Member

Mine does it too but it's not a deal breaker. They'll probably fix it.
  10. EarlyMon

Yep, and it doesn't apply to all lists.
  11. EarlyMon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.