scrolling on any website is horrible with 2.2

Last Updated:

1. zig8100

zig8100 Member This Topic's Starter

Scrolling in terrible on any website I go too after 2.2. I am very disappointed. 2.1 was butter smooth. Even my keyboard seems a lot more slower.

Advertisement
  2. Joey47

Joey47 Member

Yes I have to agree. 2.1 was better in my opinion. Dolphin hd is so rough.

3. dwntwnall4u

dwntwnall4u Well-Known Member

Had the same issue with dolphin HD, had to go back to the browser for now.

4. zig8100

zig8100 Member This Topic's Starter

I think I found the problem. Flash is slowing things down. Go into settings with in the browser and go to plunging and set for on demand. It improves things a lil but still not as smooth as 2.1

5. Twistax

Twistax Well-Known Member

Yup... crappy website scrolls. and laggy txt input

6. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

Sticking with 2.1. Everything is working 100%. I see no real reason to update to 2.2 anytime soon. At least until Cyanogen gets a near-perfect ROM out.

7. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

My scrolling is flawless.

Neitherfanboy and Connectz like this.
  8. rangergrrl

rangergrrl Well-Known Member

No problems with my Dolphin HD scrolling the same as before. If anything its faster.

9. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

I don't have these problems either. I am unrooted and I did not download and install the unofficial update. Oh, and for the moment, I'm using the stock browser. FYI

10. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

You people with browser sluggishness, are you running the official or unofficial update?

11. swatpup102

swatpup102 Well-Known Member

Not only is my browser running perfect, but I'm def enjoying full flash with dolphin HD. What a solid update so far! No more ifap for me!

12. Elganja

Elganja Member

my browser scrolling is perfect as well (both stock and dolphin)

as far as the keyboard goes... swiftkey is SO MUCH FASTER. The response from the keyboard is a million times better

13. chrad44

chrad44 Member

stock browser, scrolling slightly better (was already pretty damn good), pinch to zoom is much smoother with 2.2, OTA updated.

14. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

hm, I feel the same way but I have to agree it's hard not to pull the triger. hard to sit on the sidelines and watch all this Froyo goodness pass by in front of my eyes :)

as soon as BakedSnack is updated to the latest build .6 of the Froyo I'll probably jump ship (after all WiFi tethering is confrmed to work, with netachy's kernel anyhow)

15. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

I don't notice any problems at all scrolling on the stock browser.

16. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I'm having VERY laggy scrolling and zooming too. I dont think we should have to resort to turning off flash. This update was supposed to give us flash, not make us turn it off because its too slow. Theres gotta be another way around this.

17. Elganja

Elganja Member

on demand and turning off are 2 different things imho...

flash is a very cpu intensive application (see why **one of the reasons** iphone said no to it). this isn't android or htc's fault... there is nothing that can be done minus throwing more hardware at it.

18. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

I dont think everyone has this problem you are having. My web browser is much faster and runs smooth. The pinch to zoom, scrolling ect are all just as good as before the update.

As far as iphone not supporting flash... its not for the reasons you think or the reasons apple told people. Flash runs fine on an iphone. Its a financial issue with apple. Everything is. The app store does not benefit from apple having flash. Imagine how many free game sites would be created and customized for flash touch browsers if millions of iphone users could use flash.Plus it would put much more strain on the Att network is the users were playing games on flash websites. So att and apple dont want flash and will never have it. Also the access to video flash provides isnt good for itunes sales. Its about money with Apple. Its not about performance.

19. Elganja

Elganja Member

fully agree... i meant more as to one of the reasons... poor choice of words on my part.

but you can't really deny that flash is a resource hog...

the "problem" that some users are having will vary from website to website too (depending on the content)

20. photostu

photostu Active Member

it might be helpful to know what websites you are trying to scroll on as well... for others to test.

21. RickInHouston

RickInHouston Well-Known Member

I'm really quite impressed by flash sites. I've hit a few of these top ten and can't believe a phone can bring them up with such speed:

Top 10 Best Flash Websites of 2010

22. sc0lded

sc0lded New Member

OTA update this AM. No prior shenannigans.

Stock browser is sluggish responding to scroll input. Also, displayed content "stutters" during scrolling. With 2.1, scrolling was definitely smoother. Could be some power saving attempt at work...

23. Newblood

Newblood Member

I wonder of the people who are seeing good browser performance and those who are not if a hard reset is playing any part between the two groups.

I for one did a hard reset after the unofficial update and my browser if running just fine. And I set flash to On Demand

24. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

My scrolling, text input, key board, etc is all noticeably better, smoother, faster, more responsive. And I thought it was great before!

Not rooted, installed the official 2.2, etc

25. MyFishWagon

MyFishWagon Well-Known Member

My scrolling is working perfectly. Matter of fact, the whole 2.2 is polished and things just WORK.