scrolling stutterSupport

Last Updated:

1. webstar

webstar Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 6, 2010
    I've been using JPA/JPP/JP4 with voodoo lagfix 5 pre6 for a few days now, and it's been working great... except for one thing. There is no lag while opening applications and stuff, but there is some stuttering while scrolling left/right on home screen, or up/down in menu... it's hardly noticeable, but still annoys me. Quadrant is giving me the same results as when i first flashed voodoo. Noticed one thing also, when i scroll down my notification bar it just doesn't drop as smooth as it was before, but just hangs at some point and then continues. I really can notice even a slightest change in performance, and i read that using voodoo wont cause any performance degradation.
    Should i reflash my stock kernel and flash voodoo snapshot?

2. kryzzay83

kryzzay83 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    I'm using JM1 with Voodoo 3.0 and also get a tiny bit of lag when scrolling.

I think you're issue comes down to what apps you have open already that are running in the background. When I'm heavily multi-tasking the lag is slightly worse.

Maybe if you update to a new version of 2.1 or upgrade to 2.2 the lag will be less noticable? Just a thought.