1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Scuffs out of the boxSupport

1. Yozer34

Yozer34 Member

Anyone else notice any scuff marks on the back of their Nexus 5? It was only after a day of gentle use that I surprisingly noticed two small scuff marks on the bottom right corner of the back of my white Nexus 5, after carefully looking at my back under bright light. I'm extremely positive that I never touched it with any sharp surface, and I don't think the back is that vulnerable to be honest... If you guys can carefully look at the backs of your Nexus's let me know if you see anything. I'm starting to think it's a factory defect, as I've read about the exact same problem with someone else (but they had it on the top). Should I do something about this?

Advertisement
  2. Lettuce

Lettuce Well-Known Member

I've had mine 9 days now and it's had typical usage; in and out of pockets while standing and sitting with and without clean hands, being placed on all sorts of surfaces, put down in the cup holder in my car and moving around with natural G-force, etc... I've had a good look close-up in good light and can't see any scuffs or scratched. A very slight change in tone where it curves around the edges and some finger marks but that's all. I've got the black one by the way.

Was the box damaged or any packaging tampered with? Were the two bits of white sticky paper sealing the box already ripped when you slid the blue sleeve off?
  3. Yozer34

Yozer34 Member

Nope, no damage, and everything was sealed. Nothing unusual at all - the phone was perfectly new as it seemed.
    ... And it's funny that you're throwing your phone everywhere and you haven't scratched it (knock on wood) - that just shows how invulnerable the back is. EDIT: you do have the black version, so that's probably why, as its back is quite rubbery -and that does make it difficult to scratch for sure.
  4. mmoy

mmoy Well-Known Member

My wife has used hers for a few days and I haven't noticed any problems with it. She keeps it in a special compartment in her bag so it's probably better protected. She doesn't have a case for it yet.
  5. jamesb6789

jamesb6789 Active Member

Could you post a picture?

BTW - the black version can be problematic as well and picks up finger prints and other marks on the back as well - when I showed mine to my partner after having it for just 6 hours she thought I'd got a second hand phone..
  6. Yozer34

Yozer34 Member

I don't think you'll be able to see them with my small digital camera... but I was thinking about calling Google and letting them know. I know this might sound ridiculous, but it's still considered a flaw, right? And I'm positive I didn't do it myself - as I probably would've felt it because when it comes down to phones I'm extremely careful and sensitive.. plus I have no pets... What do you guys think?
  7. jamesb6789

jamesb6789 Active Member

If you think it came marked, I'd definitely send it back if it is going to bug you.