ScummVM Help

Last Updated:

1. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys.

Is anyone using ScummVM? I've managed to launch Lure of the Temptress and Beneath a Steel Sky on the Hero but I have not been able to play them properly. The point and click method on screen seems to only allow me to look at objects and consequently I cannot pick up, use etc etc.

I'm sure it is something simple but some help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Bunjiweb

Bunjiweb Well-Known Member

I have played Full throttle and Day of The Tentacle on ScummVM on the Hero, I found that the menu button tends to be the inventory but otherwise the point and clicking seems to work great on a touchscreen phone.

Try holding the menu button in those games and see what happens.

3. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

Oh, I have a lot more to complain about scummvm - can't use trackball press as a click, can't use keyboard even to give a name to a savegame... The android port of scummvm is unusable for now.

4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Menu only brings up load, save, options etc.

I really can't do anything on these games. For instance to tap the screen can only make the character walk and look at things. And yes the trackball does not click.

5. Mowen

Mowen New Member

Playing Lure of the Temptress and and Beneath a Steel Sky a bit (using HTC Magic handset, no keyboard, but my trackball can click).

if you google scummvm android, there's an FAQ on the main site (google code) saying to right-click try holding the the "search" button and clicking the trackball, which works for me.

To see the inventory in BASS, scroll trackball right to the top of the screen, click items to view them, "right-click" to equip them, I think.

I can't get Lure to work properly though - the trackball will only select the first or last actions from the action menu.

(I heard a version of the special edition of BASS available for iPhone may be coming to android soon, so I'm trying to play the other free SCUMM games first.)

If you think about it though, mouse-intensive games like RTS and point-and-click are the best games for a touch-phone. ScummVM for iPhone is genius, all props to the guy who made it (and put it on marketplace for free).

6. kingvortex

kingvortex Well-Known Member

Just to confirm, the answer posted above is correct. You hold the search button and touch the screen for a right click.
    I've had ScummVM for a few weeks now and have had great fun replaying classics such as Monkey Island :D.

7. phillevy

phillevy Well-Known Member

Although it might be quirky, this is a fantastic emulator and I've really enjoyed playing Beneath a Steel Sky. The programmer has done this for no monetary gain and should be commended. Certainly no complaints here - it is quite playable.

8. Hellwÿck

Hellwÿck Well-Known Member

I've had SCUMMvm on PC and I love it but when I try to use it on Android, my phone can't see the folder I put the games in... Am I doing anything wrong?

*edit*
    Scratch that, I've figured it out.