SD Card Adapter QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. msc43283

msc43283 Member This Topic's Starter

I have a few questions about the Micro-SD card. I have had no problems with it in the phone. I formatted it on the phone as instructed by the manual, unmounted, format, mount, etc. After I go through the format it never tells me if it was formatted or not, but I am assuming it was, or should it tell me when it's complete??

The issue I am having is that when I remove the card and use the supplied SD adapter in my laptop, it won't let me open the card and says that the card has not been formatted and ask me if I want to format it? Does Windows not recognize the format done by the phone? Will formatting it on my laptop screw it up for use in the phone?

Advertisement
  2. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

I don't think it tells you when it's done formatting. Basically after you hit format it formats it. Only takes a second. I could be wrong, been like a month since I formatted mine.

3. msc43283

msc43283 Member This Topic's Starter

I just put something on it and then formatted it and it's deleted, so I think it's formatted properly on the phone....Just can't figure out why my laptop wants it formatted again.