SD card and mediaSupport

Last Updated:

1. eclipse3319

eclipse3319 New Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 28, 2009
    Hello all I'm new here and got a question...

I got the Droid for xmas and am having issues getting all my pictures from my old sd card to my new 16GB card idk if i have to create any new folders for the phone to recognize the media on it or what but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again,

2. BottledHate

BottledHate Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009

Transferring media to the card is easy. You can use the usb cable or remove the micro if you choose... the usb is obviously the easier.

When you do you will notice in the notification bar "USB Connected". Selecting it allows you to mount it as an external drive on your pc just like any other thumb drive or whatever. From there you can create folders and add files as you wish.

jpgs...mp3 audio... mp4 video...

Jpg's Should be found automatically and some-what organized by folder with the default app "Gallery". There is also a replacement for it called "Multitouch Gallery for Droid". As the name implies, it allows you to use multitouch pinch and zoom.

The mp3s should show up in the default "Music" app if it is on the sd card.

mp4's can be found as well, but it is much easier if you use third party apps like "oi file manager" or "Astro" to navigate your sd card on your phone and open them. These are also helpful for many other things.

Grab "Barcode Scanner". It will allow you to quickly scan the qr codes(example below) on androlib and get the apps you want to your phone while navigating from your computer....

[qr][/qr] just a link to this post for example :D