• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card and USB Storage Problems

Retterson

Lurker
Feb 10, 2013
Hi All!

I had a look around the forums and I don't see any threads that quite address my problem.

Essentially it seems as the data contents of my SD card are being double-counted in the USB storage of my phone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, and a 32GB mirco SD card. In my Storage settings, under the SD Card Storage breakdown, I see that the SD card contains 8.69GB of data.

In my USB Storage breakdown, I apparently have 8.65 of "Misc." data categorized as "external_sd". When I take the card out, the "external_sd" category is gone, and my "Misc." data accounts for less than 5MB.

This same thing happens with my old 16GB SD card. It appears that that storage capacity of my phone is limited to the USB storage capacity. Has anyone experienced this issue, or can someone suggest how I can obtain the full glory that is 32GB of actual storage?

Thanks!

I have a 64GB card in my S2.

Under Settings > Storage I have:-

Internal storage: Total 1.97GB .93Gb available
USB Storage: Total 11.50GB 8.88Gb available
SD card: Total 59.46GB 11.87Gb available

I don't think have never done anything other than inserting the card and maybe formatting in situe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones