• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD card apps: what's going wrong?

Don't know if this will work but you can try to clear this problem by giving this a go, Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Select the Market app in the list > Clear Data and Clear Cache (Don't worry, all your user data will return as all the information regarding your use of Android Market is kept on the web) > Return to your Home Screen Then, Power off your phone > Remove battery for 30 seconds > Replace battery and power on > Try the Market app again to see if things have cleared up.

Reactions: duncan12
Upvote 0
Awesome!! I am glad that I helped you to solve all your problems:)...

..But I want to tell you, what it means - to Clear Data and Cache:

(for your better understanding)

What is Data??

Data - is all your settings, logins, save games, etc....

What is Cache??

Cache - is a searched history for apps - anything that the app will need quickly. Typically, cache is used to help things load (run) faster, for apps and the java VM compiler (Dalvik to be specific). Wiping it won't harm anything. It'll recreate the cache for each application when you run them next time.

So Clear Data will clear out all settings, logins, save games, etc, that may be causing problems.

Clear Cache will just clean the cache out - the cached info (your places - for ex: Android Market apps search, Gmail account data (not important) and so on..) - too big Cache may cause problems too.

The most important thing: App Cache taking a lot of space on your phone, so clearing cache will free up your memory, and speed up your phone!

And the biggest Cache "users" are of course those apps that you're using frequently like: Gmail, YouTube, Facebook, etc....(they maybe have about 5mb to 10Mb or even 25Mb, or over...(depends on the frequency of using them).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones