SD Card behaviour is irraticSupport

Last Updated:

1. sumitjrana

sumitjrana New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 12, 2010
    I am using Milestone bought in India having Android 2.1.

For the past one month, my 8GB SD card has started behaving funny. Sometimes, it says the card is blank. Sometimes it says, it needs to be formatted. But if I reboot the phone, the card shows its original content.

Whenever I try to save something on the card (such as taking pictures using camera), it starts giving funny errors and photos sometimes do not get saved.

I have tried everything. Formatting the card several times did not help. So, I bought a new 16GB Scandisk card. Still the problem is the same. (Incidentally, the original SD card is working absolutely fine in another phone).

I read somewhere that updating to Build SHOLS_U2_02.36.0 (from SHOLS_U2_02.31.0 which I originally had) will solve this problem. But updating did not resolve the problem.

There is no guarantee that anything stored on the SD card will be available all the time. I have ringtones on the SD card. Sometimes, the phone does not ring because the ringtone file is not accessible. Sometimes, Motonav gives errors because Motonav files on the card are not accessible.

I am using AndExplorer to view the contents of the card.

Please help.