• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root "sd card blank or has unsupported filesystem" help!!!

Every time. I load a froyo rom this pops up
I'm running. Nonsensikal 1.5 now but others have said this too and I know my SD card is not blank. Do I have the wrong ccard in there. Its the stock 8gb. It doesn't. Let me dl any. Apps.that require SD permission. What do I do bc. I really want to keep this rom :thinking:

Every time. I load a froyo rom this pops up
I'm running. Nonsensikal 1.5 now but others have said this too and I know my SD card is not blank. Do I have the wrong ccard in there. Its the stock 8gb. It doesn't. Let me dl any. Apps.that require SD permission. What do I do bc. I really want to keep this rom :thinking:

(Some? All?) Froyo ROMs do not like partitioned SD cards. If you previously partitioned your SD card to support a 2.1 "A2SD" or "apps2sd" ROM, that is probably the reason you are getting the result you see.

Note that this means that flip-flopping between 2.1 A2SD ROMs and Froyo ROMs is a royal pain in the arse unless you have multiple SD cards - one partitioned and one unpartitioned.

Boot into Amon_RA and see if you can observe Nand restore sets being available. (You did make a backup of your prior ROMs, right?). If Amon_RA sees the SD card correctly, then:

1) Make a Nand backup of your current (Froyo) ROM

2) Connect via USB to the PC and backup your entire SD card using the Amon_RA USB-MS toggle.
(note you toggle it on, and then toggle it off when finished - BUT don't forget to correctly "dismount" the drive from the PC first by using the "safely remove hardware" control before toggling off USB-MS mode)

3) When finished with the backup, use the Amon_RA partitioning menu to partition the SD card. Set ext = 0 and swap = 0; this will format the SD card to be 100% vfat - no partitioning at all

4) While still in Amon_RA, unplug the USB cable and re-plug it; then, go to the main menu and turn on the USB-MS toggle again.

5) Restore the contents of the SD card back to the (now unpartitioned) SD card. Unmount the SD card from the PC (again, use the "safely remove hardware" control on the PC) and turn off the USB-MS toggle

6) Reboot to your Froyo ROM and enjoy.

eu1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones