1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SD Card Blank or Unsupported File System Error

1. naterzz

naterzz Member

Please, I really need to save the files on these two SD cards, all my backups are on them. For some reason when I put these two SD cards, (a 4GB and 2GB SanDisk) in any android phone and even mount them to my computer, I get this error, however the phone detects other SD cards perfectly fine!! It's not like I even tried rooting the phone. Someone please help me! It would be much appreciated!! (I use an Evo Shift 4G for Sprint if it helps)

Advertisement
    :
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

If all three devices (including your PC) are not able to read the cards, the FAT may be messed up.

Send me a pm so i can look into it for you tomorrow.
  3. johnlgalt

PM received.

Are you on a PC (windows based), Mac, or Linux system?
  4. naterzz

naterzz Member

i'm using a pc computer with windows 7
  5. johnlgalt

Go to http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk and download that, and run it on your SD card in your computer. If it is recoverable at all, this will do it.

Let me know if you need help with it.
  6. naterzz

naterzz Member

okay so i've downloaded the program, but the computer doesn't even recognize that I've got the sd card in my computer, it's not letting me select it to run with the program I don't think. Because when i insert it into my computer, it doesnt say that there is a removable disk in the pc.
  7. johnlgalt

I was afraid that might happen. Somehow we have to get your computer to recognize the card, and that is going to be tricky, b/c every thing is acting like the card needs to be formatted.

What operating system are you on on your computer
  8. naterzz

naterzz Member

oh no, i don't like the sound of that. well I'm using windows 7 home premium, with a 32-bit operating system.
  9. johnlgalt

Ok, with the card inserted in your computer, click the start orb, then right click on computer, and select manage from the menu. When the management console pops up, select disk management, and let it load.

See if there is a disk with no drive letter, the position type will probably be unknown or not partitioned.
  10. naterzz

naterzz Member

well there are two disks with no letter when the SD card is either in or out of the computer. But even with the SD card in the computer, under disk management, it doesn't show that there is a removable disk inserted into the computer under disk management.
  11. johnlgalt

It mighty come to having to boot something like a boot disc with a position recovery tool. Usually Radic is the on the works.

Did you check the gold contacts on the card? If they look grimy or tarnished, use a bit of rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip to clran the contacts, and then leave the card sitting out for at last 10 minutes before inserting it into anything. See if that helps.