• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Well opened my phone a bit ago to get this message about my SD card being blank and has unsupported file system or something to that nature, and that I need to reformat. Well tried to but it wont, took it out put it back in still same thing. So took it back out put it in PC it wont read there either tried formating it it still wont work...so wandering if my SD card dead? Do i need to purchase a new 16gb one? :thinking::(

Just happened to me as well a few weeks ago. I got Verizon to send me a new phone cause I figured it was that (my phone is still under warranty). Plugged the card into the new phone.. same thing. Ended up just buying a cheap new card of of Amazon. Works as normal now. Just sucks I lost everything on my old card :(

Upvote 0
Mine died today also. This is the second one this phone has gone though. This particular one I pulled from my blackberry storm that survived just fine there for two years.

I've never seen a card die before it died (twice) in my X. WTF? One, okay.. two, no way.

A simple search here and I find numerous results of people complaining about the sdcard suddenly and randomly failing. I'm not certain it's random anymore. There's gotta be a problem... something causing this.

Upvote 0
Mine died about two days back. I ordered 8 gb one from ebay for like $12 ! I also have trouble with my DX after updating it to GB. It restarts all the time, like 3 to 4 times in a day! and its not like i am running to many apps and putting it under too much stress. Even if its sitting on the table it restarts ! GB sucks big time!

Upvote 0
Well opened my phone a bit ago to get this message about my SD card being blank and has unsupported file system or something to that nature, and that I need to reformat. Well tried to but it wont, took it out put it back in still same thing. So took it back out put it in PC it wont read there either tried formating it it still wont work...so wandering if my SD card dead? Do i need to purchase a new 16gb one? :thinking::(

This happened to me three times.

All three times Verizon replaced the sd card free of charge. Given how rare the issue was, they figured it was my phone causing it, so they also replaced my phone after the 3rd time.

If I were you I'd try just going to a verizon corporate store and showing them the error message and asking them for a new card. You might also try asking for a new (or well, refurb) phone warranty replacement, but they might not say yes to that unless it happens more than once.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones