"SD Card Blank!"Support

Last Updated: 2013-02-05 19:39:22
  1. hrld

hrld Member

Hi. I've tried searching, but found no answer.

All of a sudden my phone and my SD card has started arguing. I get multiple notifications that says "Preparing SD Card", maybe three or four times before it finally says "Blank SD Card!". The thing is, the card is not blank, and it's working fine in other devices. What could be the problem here?

Many thanks!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

If its working on other devices, I suggest copying all the data off the card, formsatting it in the S3 and copying teh data back. See if that resolves the issue.
    XplosiV likes this.
  3. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

There could be a number of reasons, but start with re-inserting the card. Sometimes the contacts can be lost, especially if the phone's been jostled or dropped.

What size card? Manufacturer? How/where was it formatted and info put on it?
  4. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

The FIRST thing you should do, if there's anything on the card you don't want to lose, is insert it into one of those other devices and back off the contents of the card.

I'm on my THIRD phone, the other two both "fried" their respective SD cards, destroying the contents of the cards.