SD Card can't be read by apps anymore. :(Support

Last Updated:

1. Legato

Legato Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 10, 2010
    So i couldn't get the update to the OS all night cause of the 3G outage. So in the morning i DL'd DroidX Bootstrap app so that i could make a backup before doing the update. I was in my car waiting for it to warm up and figured why not run it now while i have time to kill. I hit the reboot recovery option, and the phone reboots, CRAP, i forgot i had to hit keys to put it into recovery. Oh well i think, no biggie.

Fast forward an hour later i get a call, it doesn't play my normal ringtone, instead plays a stock tone. Odd i think. I go to bed and wake up, my X can't access the SD card anymore. Well apps cant. I can view it in the settings > SD Card. See it's there and the space on it. Can unmount it and re mount it. I can even view the files through Root Explorer. However no other apps can see it. Gallery leaves it blank and if i try to access it it closes the app. Same thing with my media players.

What the hell did i do wrong? and how do i fix this?? I have rebooted 5 times now, pulled the SD card each time and put it back in. Still same issue. Can see it in the phone settings and Root Explorer, just nowhere else. :( Please help me.