• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card constantly mounting as "Read Only"

Doomhouser

Lurker
Apr 2, 2012
Formatted my Incredible recently, both SD card and internal memory because I was having trouble getting it to read the internal storage (pictures and music), and my SD card was constantly mounting as "Read Only." Thought it may have been a third party app I dl'd and decided to play it safe and just get rid of everything.

SD card still has residual info from before the format (folders and the like) and I'm still not able to read music I put onto my phone's internal harddrive. Thoughts?

Formatted my Incredible recently, both SD card and internal memory because I was having trouble getting it to read the internal storage (pictures and music), and my SD card was constantly mounting as "Read Only." Thought it may have been a third party app I dl'd and decided to play it safe and just get rid of everything.

SD card still has residual info from before the format (folders and the like) and I'm still not able to read music I put onto my phone's internal harddrive. Thoughts?

If the format went correctly you should have nothing left on the card... so I'd format again using a card reader, format the card to fat32 and don't use the quick format option. Also don't format the internal storage through a PC, use the factory reset option built into the phone. Formatting through a PC has the possibility of really screwing up the phone.

Reactions: Doomhouser
Upvote 0
If the format went correctly you should have nothing left on the card... so I'd format again using a card reader, format the card to fat32 and don't use the quick format option. Also don't format the internal storage through a PC, use the factory reset option built into the phone. Formatting through a PC has the possibility of really screwing up the phone.

That's what I did with the phone format, but I'll try the card reader once I get ahold of one, or can get to a Verizon outlet. Might just end up getting a new one completely. Thanks for the tips though! Will update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones