• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD Card Contents?

steslatt

Android Expert
Jul 20, 2010
Manchester
Hi, I bought my HTC Desire at weekend and straight away swapped the 4gb card that came with the phone for an 8gb one that was in my old phone. I sold the 4gb one later that day. I am now finding that i cant download things to the sd card and some apps dont work properly. Are there files/folders already on the card that comes with the phone? if so where can i download them from?
Thanks

Yes i tried formating the card on the phone, this made no difference. Yes its when downloading through the browser. It just says starting download and the bar never moves up. Not tired doing it through the PC as i dont know where to download the program from. Also how do you do it through the PC? What folder do i put the app in?

Upvote 0
I found the problem, it wasnt actualy the card it was something to do with android market and google mail. I signed up with a googlemail.com address and had read that people had been having problems when changing from googlemail to gmail. So i just tried changing to gmail then changing back and it worked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones