SD Card Contents?

Last Updated:

1. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I bought my HTC Desire at weekend and straight away swapped the 4gb card that came with the phone for an 8gb one that was in my old phone. I sold the 4gb one later that day. I am now finding that i cant download things to the sd card and some apps dont work properly. Are there files/folders already on the card that comes with the phone? if so where can i download them from?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

There are some. Have you formatted your card on the phone yet? Sometimes you need to do this.

when you say download, do you mean through the phones web browser onto the card? I have issues downloading apps this way.

What happens if you transfer files to sd card from PC?

3. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

I think you simply need to format the new SD card. Settings / SD & phone storage / Format SD card (you will have to unmount it first).

HTH :)

4. steslatt

Yes i tried formating the card on the phone, this made no difference. Yes its when downloading through the browser. It just says starting download and the bar never moves up. Not tired doing it through the PC as i dont know where to download the program from. Also how do you do it through the PC? What folder do i put the app in?

5. steslatt

I found the problem, it wasnt actualy the card it was something to do with android market and google mail. I signed up with a googlemail.com address and had read that people had been having problems when changing from googlemail to gmail. So i just tried changing to gmail then changing back and it worked.