SD Card damaged..........

Last Updated:

1. chevboy_0

chevboy_0 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I flashed ChevyNo1's SS 4.8 and the Chevy 1.25Ghz Lv kernel and now Im getting a "SD Card Damaged" notification. I rebooted to the same ROM and Kernel, and I recieved the same message. I just Rebooted to Clockwork in order to flash to a nandroid backup that I had, but there were no backups there..... and when I went to choose a zip file and there werent any there... what should I do??

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Could just be a "reporting" issue. I've had these before but not since 2.1 (or maybe 2.0.1) but I had several of these issues back then.

Can you mount your phone to your computer and view the contents of the SD card (or can you use a card reader to view these files)?

If so:
    - Move all of the files from your SD Card to your computer (so you don't lose any of your files)
    - Unmount your phone and reboot into recovery
    - Format your SD Card
    - Remount your phone to your computer
    - Move all of your files back

Error gone?

It is possible that your SD card is actually corrupted and not salvageable. If the above doesn't work, you may need a new SD card :(

3. chevboy_0

So I flashed back to a stock Froyo image, I think it was FRG01B then went to FRG22D(I think thats correct) and now when I got to the market to see if all my apps were redownloaded. The market Force Closes.

I am not getting the SD card damaged though :D but when I formated the SD card I tried to get all the file off of the card but the phone wouldnt sync with the computer after trying for an hour, so I just formatted it, and flashed to the stock image from ROM manager.

But now I keep getting market force closes, and none of the APPs have redownloaded did I screw up some how?

Also does someone have a 2.2 file that will take the phone all the way back to stock so I can start over?

Thanks

4. chevboy_0

I finally got ROM manager Back, and SetCPU and Titanium. But now when I flash Clockwork, I get a error "An Error occured while Attempting to run privileged commands"

And when i go to Fix Permissions, I get the same error.

I hooked the phone up to my comp and put UD8 extreme on the SD card, and loaded my go to Kernel. but when I go in to Recovery I power off and reboot holding the power+X and all I get is the triangle with the !. but when I reboot it loads and boots up normal.

5. chevboy_0

Bueller? Ive tried everything I can think off, after last night I dont have Clockwork, when I try to update Superuser it says installation failed, when I try to fix permissions it wont let me, when I try to flash Clockwork it wont let me, I get the same error as I posted before. I tried to run the Official Froyo Update in order to redo everything but it wont allow me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me!?!

6. chevboy_0

So I went and re Rooted my phone using ADB(Many many thanks to OMJ for his guide) after I went and did that now I have Superuser permissions and the updated SU app and now everything is good so far :D