1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SD card DamagedSupport

1. lingming

lingming Well-Known Member

Well about every 2-3mths this phone keep breaking the SD card
    1. phone overheat and the card comes out flexiable
    2. one day the phone says the card is bad and needs to be reformated

Advertisement
    :
  2. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

what brand are u buying and from where? i got my class10 32 gig sd card from neweggs.com for around $47 for my esteem and my friend bought the same one for his indulge and no probs yet.
  3. lingming

i think its something with the phone its a few different brands the phone shouldnt get so hot as to melt it and it shouldnt random break each card its not the brand cause i have got different brands
  4. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

omg i remember the indulge getting hot before but my sdcard never melted or broke, well i will say this if ur phone getting hot u got something running the background and in my case it was yahoo messenger and yahoo mail so i uninstalled them from my phone and it never got hot again with that being said check out on whats running on ur application alot and try to do process of elimination till it dosnt over heat anymore thats the best advice i can give you unless you want to install the basix rom along with the electric sheep kernel and that should make ur phone run more efficient and smooth. I highly recommend it thats is ofcourse if u havnt done so already!
  5. lingming

ive been runner stock 2.2.3 well yes it gets hot when you txt for long time or music and dont get me going on 4g it will burn your skin off
  6. Reaper man

Reaper man Well-Known Member

what the piss, where did you get 2.2.3 from?!
  7. confed

confed Well-Known Member

thats a good question.

also, i use my phone for music for over 5+ hours at work everyday while plugged in. heat issues went away a long time ago for me
  8. lingming

sorry its EF23 2.2.2 its what the phone came with at first
  9. traajik

traajik Well-Known Member

This might be a complety different issue I'm having with my sd card but... every day or every otherday when I unlock my screen the card will un mount it self tell me its blank or bad and I need to format. This also started happening I noticed a month or so after flashing 2.2.2 on it. Since then I've dropped it back to 2.2.1 but the problem still persists. Unlike your phone I'm certain its not caused from excessive heating. I deleted everything off the card and it was still doing it. When it tells me it needs to be formated I tried to bite the bullet and just format but everytime it'll just freeze with a fc crash Error popping up minutes later. Is your phone rooted? I started thinkin about the i\o scheduler I have been using (cfq) so I switched it back to noop which I think Is defualt and I haven't had said issues accuring so far. Ill keep you posted

Stock sd card fyi`s

Edit : formated card from cwm
    Edit : Problem still persists

Thinking now its just a bad card now or the card reader is going bad