1. BazmanFoo

BazmanFoo Member This Topic's Starter

Android Version:2.2
    Network:Vodafone
    Taskiller Used?:?
    [Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: Nope
    Issue:HTC Sync

Hi,

I love my new HTC Desire but I have one problem that is driving me insane. I have a 4Gb SD card in it, which has almost all of my data/apps. I want to sync all of this info with my PC so that I can upgrade to a 16Gb card but there's something amiss.

When I try to sync the phone with the PC, it's like the SD card disappears. HTC Sync says that there is no SD card in my device (even though it seems to recognise that I have 3.66Gb of space). Really strange thing is, if I set it as charge only or disk drive it reads the SD card no problem. Also, while linked to my PC, I can't access anything on the phone that's save to the card.

So it seems like HTC Sync somehow makes my SD card disappear?? Please tell me this is a known issue with a known fix! And if not, how else might I back up my current 4Gb so that my new 16 will be the same but with added space?

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Do it without HTC Sync :)

Set your Desire USB mode to 'Disk drive', connect to the PC and copy the whole SD card to the PC (Note, PC setting '... show all kind of files..').
    Disconnect the phone and format your new SD Card in your phone.
    Connect to the PC and copy the content of the old card to the new SD card.
    Voila ... :)

Harry

3. BazmanFoo

BazmanFoo Member This Topic's Starter

And that will work even for installed apps etc? So I'm just dragging the contents of my desire as a disk drive into a folder on my pc and then the reverse with the new card? When my phone is a disk drive, how do I differentiate between the phone & SD memory?

4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Yes. With the new SD in phone only do the formating, then connect to PC and reserve the content.

The phone only is a disk drive when it's connected to the PC (then the phone didn't see the SD).
    Connected to PC, on the PC you will only see the SD memory, not the phone memory.

EDIT: Note that before removing the old card, you have to set in Settings "Unmount SD card".
    Don't switch off the phone.

Harry