• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card failed

I just pulled my phone from my pocket and it was frozen so I pulled battery and restarted it. The SD card format was unrecognized. I stuck it in a card reader and it wouldn't show up on my pc. I stuck a different card in my phone and it is fine. I called Sprint and the card is not covered by warranty. The warranties are device specific and Samsung does not feel that they need to cover them. I was lucky that the Sprint store did replace my card with a Sandisk card. I have numerous Microsd cards. They all came with a lifetime warranty. Samsung fails on this note. I still love this phone, though. :)

I did something simialar to this.. I pulled off the cover from the side,to take my battery out, and didn't realize that I accidentally pulled the SD card out just enough so it didn't completely fall out. then i started my phone, some of my widgets didn't appear on my screen.. opened the back cover to see SD card was just out of place.. I should have turned off the phone, but instead just reseated the SD card

Then it went corrupt.. lost all my music and apps. Doh! be careful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones