sd card files...Support

Last Updated:

1. telltime

telltime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just downloaded a file manager (two, actually - deciding which one I like best), but in accessing my SD card, I notices a bunch of folders with nothing in them.

I'm wondering if this is possibly due to when I switched from my Motorola Droid, they allowed me to take that 16 gb card and put it in my Eris since I had some downloads and photos on it (and, yes, I had to buy a replacement 16 gb card for the Droid, so now I have an extra 8 gig card just laying around doin' nothin'!)...

So I was wondering... does anyone else have these files? Are they safe to delete? Should I delete them or just leave them?

Here is the "tree." I've indented sub folders five spaces and put in parenthesis if the folder/subfolder contains any files/info.
    --------------------
    SD

.bookmark_thumb1 (empty)

.footprints
    thumbnails (empty)
    voices (empty)

.voicerecorder
    voices (empty)

Backgrounds
    (bunch of files I've downloaded... keeing this one)

Cellebrite (not a "folder" - has a "page" icon and when I select it, it gives me a message "file type vcf not found")

DCIM
    .thumbnails (empty)
    100ANDRO (empty)
    100MEDIA (pictures I've taken)
    Camera (empty)

LOST.DIR (empty)

download (.pdf I downloaded when I had my Droid... it's an instruction sheet for my jawbone headset)

google_maps_navigation
    cache (7 .wav files and two other files (tilecache_ImageTileSt... - both start with this, but I can't see the rest of the extension. One is 6KB, the other 163KB.) - When I play the .wav files, they give me "directions." I think it's to a place when I went when I had my Droid, but I don't remember... and I certainly don't remember saving the location.
    debug (empty)

LOST.DIR (empty)

prettyweather-googlecode-com
    clock (clock-default.zip)
    (bunch of other folders... skins I think I downloaded when I owned the Droid and downloaded the BeautifulWidgets clock that looks like the one on the Eris)

rosie_scroll (empty)

tmp (empty)
    --------------------

Any thoughts? Info would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Since they are empty, they consume almost no space relative to the size of the card... and you would need to have thousands and thousands of empty folders on the card before you saw any performance change in running apps.

Highly doubtful that "cleaning them up" will have any effect one way or another - and the apps that created them will simply re-create them the next time they run. That also suggests that "cleaning up" is a waste of time.

HTH

eu1

3. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member

i had that rosie_scroll folder myself when i swapped cards. i deleted it. i also had some folders that mabilo added that i deleted. that mabilo application was weird because i didn't download anything from it and all of a sudden i notice some of their wallpapers showing up in my HTC photo widget. bizarre. so i uninstalled it. i'd be interested to know what rosie_scroll is.

4. Embridioum

Embridioum Active Member

Bump.
    Anyone having a good answer to this?

5. SHMaRiM

SHMaRiM Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with htc sense. After rooting my phone and downloading a protected app uninstaller I found a file named "rosie.apk" and it had the same icon as htc sense.