SD Card folder issuesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. NateV

NateV New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all.

Sorry if this has been covered before. I've tried sifting through posts and really didn't find the answer I'm looking for.

I'm just now getting around to trying to add some custom notification sounds, and ring tones I've made myself.

Problem is there are no set folders on my SD card for ring tones, notifications or photos like I've had on other phones in the past.

Soooooooo, can someone tell me what folders I should make to put things in their appropriate place and have them actually show up on the phone?

I tried just dragging and dropping a few small mp3 files I want to use as notification sounds directly onto the SD card but that didn't work. I'm at a loss for what folders to add and name.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

dont know why it didnt work for you that way......... you dont "need" any folders for files on the SD.....

however its nice to have folders to keep things a bit more organized.....

heres some of the folders I have for media and images and everything works like it should:

Movies
    Music
    Photos
    Ringtones
    Video
    Wallpapers

for notification sounds Im not sure...... I dont use sound for notifications

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Android is pretty good at figuring out finding files on its own and organizing them accordingly. So there aren't any specific multimedia folders for each type.

For notification type sounds, there is a specific folder on the memory card. Its just not created yet by default.

On your sd card, create a "media" folder. Then an "audio" folder within that one. Then within the audio folder, create these folders:

Notifications
    Alarms
    Ringtones

Then place the ringtones and notifications in each appropriate folder. Then check to see if the phone has found them. If not, you need to reboot your phone and then it should find them.

4. VonKannick

VonKannick Well-Known Member

I actually have my ringtones, notifications and alarms folders in my root. Phone found em fine. I suspect Android is smart enough to use those folders pretty much wherever you choose to put them.