"SD Card" for the Galaxy NexusSupport

1. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

I know the Galaxy Nexus doesn't have an SD card per se, but I'm wondering how to copy all of my SD card contents to the Galaxy Nexus? For example, if my saved games for Game X is located on the SD card on my current phone, where do I put them on the new phone?

Advertisement
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

3. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. So the Galaxy Nexus doesn't have an "SD card" mount or something like that? Part of the internal memory dedicated to be an SD card? Does that make sense?
  4. trophynuts

Yeah that makes sense. Honestly i can't give you a 100% answer on that because i'm actually still trying to figure that out myself. ICS doesn't use Mass Storage. So when you plug your phone up a "fake sd card" or any other mass storage device doesn't show up. Also i'm trying to figure out when you do a factory reset what gets wiped and what doesn't I think there is a mod that you have to do in order to make a partition that can't be wiped.
  5. Jonathan SCE

Jonathan SCE Well-Known Member

Umm, it is in the same location /mnt/sdcard. The top level folder sdcard looks like a virtual folder for /mnt/sdcard. It is where apps install their files that want to use external memory. I just copy a folder that I had on my old phone into that space.
    Lucky Armpit and syntrix like this.
  6. Ciggy

Ciggy Well-Known Member

Check out the AirDroid app. Lets you explore all of the folders on the nexus and you can transfer files wirelessly.
  7. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

This.

A transfer method doesn't answer the directory as seen by the phone. So if data used to be on an SD card, just MTP the SGN and copy it on over!
  8. trophynuts

and that doesn't get wiped when you do a Factory Reset?
  9. theartfullodger

theartfullodger Well-Known Member

Copied data over from my old Nexus One (About 2 years old..) via. Laptop to new SGN. Linux (Ubuntu..) couldn't see the data [I'll figure out why I hope...] , only camera, but Widows Vista was fine..

Needed to be careful (eg copy CONTENTS OF Music..) etc etc.. but for private directories (eg Maps for Viewranger) just straight copy...
  10. Message originally posted
  11. trav06

trav06 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I'm looking for -- the ability to recover files from the Galaxy Nexus internal storage using Recuva. I am rooted and installed stickmount, but when I hit "mount" it doesn't seem to do anything. Do you know what I'm doing wrong, Admit?

EDIT: All of the app info I see for stickmount doesn't suggest that it allows for mounting the storage in Windows, rather, it is for connected an external drive to the phone via USB so that the phone can use the additional storage. I'm not sure this applies to using Recuva to recover files from the GNex, but please chime in if I'm wrong, Admit -- my pictures hang in the balance :-(
  12. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Factory reset will wipe everything on the phone including the SD directory
  13. trophynuts

hmmm i don't think so. I did one last night while flashing the new CM9 RC1 and i still have all of my contents on my sd.
  14. heat57

heat57 Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't. It only does it if you tick the part where you are given the option to wipe all (me thinks).;)
  15. Trel

Trel Well-Known Member

Factory Reset from within the phone or the stock recovery will wipe everything including your sdcard partition.

Factory Reset from TWRP or Clockwork recovery will preserve your sdcard partition.
    admit and Crashumbc like this.
  16. Message originally posted